Careers with swara
Thanks for your interest. This role has now been filled.
Finance and Systems Manager Role – June 2022
Join the Swara team today!
We are looking for a passionate Finance Systems Manager to work with our wonderful clients!
swara is a Not-for-Profit NDIS registered and DSOA support provider located in Woolloongabba, QLD. For over 47 years, swara has been passionately supporting a community where people of all abilities feel loved and respected and able to reach their full potential. The swara family welcomes all people with mild to moderate disabilities.
This is an opportunity for either a highly experienced accountant wanting to take a step into finance management, or an established Finance Manager wanting to grow in their role. The Finance and Systems manager will be responsible for the finance management of the organisation, as well as overseeing decisions involving systems and administration. Reporting to the General Manager, you will lead all things finance, administration, and ensure NDIS compliance within the finance space.
The day to day will include:
- Maintaining an established ERP system – Xero.
- Responsibility for all statutory reporting and other regulatory reporting.
- Maintaining general ledger, end of month and end of year bank reconciliations, financial transactions, fixed asset register.
- Managing the payroll function for approximately 40 support workers and staff.
- Reviewing PAYG, superannuation and ATO queries, GST, monthly BAS preparation, Fringe Benefits Tax queries.
- Financial modelling for segments of swara’s business and new growth opportunities.
- Establishing and managing appropriate internal controls.
- Establishing, managing and reviewing Participant NDIS and DSOA funding and Service Agreements.
- Establishing, managing and reviewing IT infrastructure, support and telephony services.
- Budgeting/target setting, management, reviewing against actual expenditure and the production of monthly management accounts.
- Assessing cash-flows and variances against budget and other board set KPI targets.
- Re-forecasting monthly income and expenses in consultation with General Manager.
- Managing the workload and outputs of the finance and the administration teams.
- Managing the systems and administration functions, optimising and automating where possible, creating smooth and proactive work flows.
As our Finance and Systems Manager, it is important you can contribute to a sustainable and positive workforce environment and culture through leadership, open communication and teamwork. You will be able to maximise the organisations ability to achieve strategic goals by:
- Fostering a professional, achievement-focussed business unit
- Focussing on innovation, automation and continuous improvement
- Identifying ongoing growth opportunities within the organisation
- Contributing to strategic conversations and plans with the senior leadership team
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this role it is essential that the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Similar
- A relevant postgraduate qualification including CPA/CA
- Experience working in an NDIS environment
- At least 5 years accounting experience, with experience in a NFP entity.
- Advanced level Excel and MS Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- High-level stakeholder management skills, including board level /SLT liaison experience
- Highly organised, detail oriented and deadline driven.
Above all else, your values must be aligned with the ethos of swara. You must be passionate about contributing towards an organisation’s objective to truly make a difference to the community through a loving service culture.
Please send and questions and your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
swara is a Not-for-Profit NDIS registered and DSOA support provider. Loving service is our credo. We aim to brighten the lives of people of all abilities, empowering them with a sense of real worth. We give them the confidence and means of reaching their full potential in a loving service environment. The swara family welcomes all people with mild to moderate disabilities.