Dear all in swara community,
There has been considerable development from the Australian Government in terms of the Coronavirus outbreak and the necessary measures that need to be taken by all in the community. The most significant changes will be listed below. However, for the latest updates please refer to the Australian Government’s website:
Also, the Government has introduced a new application for smartphones called ‘Coronavirus‘. This app is available in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. We would strongly encourage you to engage with this app for any concerns you have regarding Coronavirus.
Updated Coronavirus Measures
In Queensland there is now a two-person limit for all public gatherings. Further to this, residents are now only allowed to leave their home for one of eight essential reasons. These are:
- Obtaining food or other essential goods or services.
- Obtaining medical treatment or other healthcare services.
- Engaging in physical exercise, either alone or in the company of no more than one other person; or in the company of a family group who ordinarily live in the same household.
- Performing work on behalf of an employer that is engaged in essential business, activity or undertaking, and the work to be performed is of a nature that cannot reasonably be performed from the person’s principal place of residence.
- Visiting a terminally ill relative or to attend a funeral.
- Providing assistance, care or support to an immediate member of the person’s family.
- Attending any court of Australia or to comply with or give effect to orders of the court.
- Attending a childcare facility, school, university or other educational institution, to the extent care or instruction cannot reasonably be obtained in the person’s principal place of residence.
Please continue to take care of yourselves during this difficult time. We look forward to hearing from you all in the coming days.
The swara Team